Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff.
We want you to feel confident that your safety is our top priority and our protocols were proactively expanded to minimize risk of exposure.
First, we made the decision to be one of the first practices in Chicago-land to invest in UV-C light technology. This unit allows for decontamination of an entire space, including aerosols. It will be used in all surgery rooms following each patient visit.
In addition to UV-C light technology, we have implemented additional safety measures to further protect patients and staff. These include:
- Pre-screening of all patients, visitors, and staff
- Temperature checks for everyone who enters the office
- Providing masks for all patients who are without one
- Modified waiting room setup and appointment scheduling to maintain social distancing
- Use of plexiglass barriers where appropriate
- Regular application of approved hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces
- Requiring all staff wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The use of plasma ionization units within the HVAC system which are commonly used in hospitals
- The use of high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters within the HVAC system
Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: